Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at email@example.com
The enrolment process at Cheltenham East Primary School is a very simple one. An enrolment form must be filled in and signed. The only documentation parents of children enrolling in a Victorian state school for the first time must produce is evidence of date of birth of the child concerned and their immunisation certificate, which is obtained from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Children who are not Australian Citizens are required to provide a copy of their current Visa.
Please note that children enrolling in the Foundation year must be at least 5 years of age by the 30th of April in the year in which they enrol.
You can stay connected to our school through our
We know we offer a wonderful environment for your child to grow, learn, enquire and explore the world. Just ask any of the families at our school! So, we welcome you to enrol your child at Cheltenham East Primary School. Please download an Enrolment Form from this page and complete it. Then you simply post or email it back to us, accompanied by evidence of your enrolling child’s date of birth and his/her immunisation certificate, which is obtained from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Children who are not Australian citizens are required to provide a copy of their current visa.
Foundation Tour Dates and Enrolment information
Thank you for considering Cheltenham East Primary School for your child’s education. To book a 2025 Foundation school tour, please scan the QR code and complete the form.
Tuesday 6th @ 9.30am – COMPLETED
Thursday 8th @2.00pm – COMPLETED
Wednesday 14th @2.00pm – COMPLETED
Friday 16th @ 9.30am – COMPLETED
Monday 19th @ 9.30am – COMPLETED
Wednesday 21st @ 9.30am – COMPLETED
Tuesday 27th @2.00pm – COMPLETED
Wednesday 28th @2.00pm – COMPLETED
Friday 8th @ 11.30am – FULL
Tuesday 12th @ 9.30am – FILLING FAST
Thursday 14th @2.00pm – FULL
Wednesday 20th @ 2.00pm – FILLING FAST
Friday 22nd @ 9.30am – FILLING FAST
How do I enrol my child in their first year of primary school?
Take these steps to enrol your child in their first year of primary school:
1. Find your local school on the Find my School website (see above).
2. Contact a government primary school to book a school tour or to learn more about the school and the enrolment application process.
3. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
The pack will be available from Monday 15 April 2024 and will include an application form. The school may also provide you with a copy of the form to complete.
4. Submit an enrolment application for Foundation by Friday 26 July 2024.
5. You will be notified of the outcome of your application between Monday 29 July and Friday 9 August 2024. If you receive an offer, you should accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
6. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4 2024.
7. Your child will start Foundation from Wednesday 29 January 2025.