Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The enrolment process at Cheltenham East Primary School is a very simple one. An enrolment form must be filled in and signed. The only documentation parents of children enrolling in a Victorian state school for the first time must produce is evidence of date of birth of the child concerned and their immunisation certificate, which is obtained from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Children who are not Australian Citizens are required to provide a copy of their current Visa.
Please note that children enrolling in the Foundation year must be at least 5 years of age by the 30th of April in the year in
which they enrol.
You can stay connected to our school through our
We know we offer a wonderful environment for your child to grow, learn, enquire and explore the world. Just ask any of the families at our school! So, we welcome you to enrol your child at Cheltenham East Primary School. Please download an Enrolment Form from this page and complete it. Then you simply post or email it back to us, accompanied by evidence of your enrolling child’s date of birth and his/her immunisation certificate, which is obtained from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Children who are not Australian citizens are required to provide a copy of their current visa.
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Cheltenham East Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage. Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack – parents carers (education.vic.gov.au)
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Cheltenham East Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school, Cheltenham East Primary to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- If you are ‘In our Zone’, please submit a student enrolment form for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- If you are ‘Out of our Zone’, please submit a Student Application Form for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Please contact the school office on 9583 5746 or email email@example.com to enquire about booking a tour.